JOY
My joy is that I find it continuously easy to find joy. My joy is that I know that my redeemer lives and most everything beyond that is trivial. My joy is that I'm glad I'm learning and confirming all this now. My struggle is my sin. My struggle is not knowing how exactly to transform my life from what it is now to what I want it to be. My joy is that Christ has taken care of my sin and God will transform my life to something far more better than anything I could ever imagine.
As each year drags on and, funny enough, my life speeds fastly pass me I find myself coming to these points where the "shoulda, woulda, coulda"s really get to me. Sometimes it's the stupidest things like this one thing I did in 7th grade which was grounds for a 'referral' to the principal's office (I know. No one would believe it, but it's true. Actually, I did two things that year but never went to the principal's office) that I wish I hadn't done. Some are more recent and involve things I wish I had never said. Life goes on and they are almost all but forgotten, but they linger.
Week 7
Luke 9:62 is one of those verses that I have definitely had written on my bathroom mirror. I love "bathroom mirror verses" because they serve there purpose, and long after they are wiped away (and even when that bathroom mirror is no longer your own) they stay with you.
Jesus replied, "No one who puts his hand to the plow and looks back is fit for service in the kingdom of God."
The lesson is that you can't see where you're going if you are looking at where you've been. More so, what you leave behind won't be a straight path.
Is there a way to displace regret so that we only look forward?

1 Comments:
My comments never have answers, but hopefully they have food for thought:
http://home.snu.edu/~HCULBERT/regret.htm
Post a Comment
<< Home