True: Some Girls Like Dresses; False: Everyone Loves a Dress With a Butt Bow

Being a professional bridesmaid is more than meets the eye.

Monday, February 12, 2007

On the Blog Again

It's been almost a month since the last time I've posted and a considerable amount has changed. I went back out to Vegas and drove with my mom home. I decided to wait and apply to grad school next spring because only one application deadline was open. Then I decided to go with Mandy on her Mediterranean Cruise. So, to justify being irresponsible, I decided to apply to the only grad school left for the year, Cornell. That way, I can call this my last hurrah if I get in instead of this crazy thing I did before I got another job. hmmm.

I've been hunting down professors (literally), re-doing my portfolio and having two great friends work with me on my letter of intent. I have been an official graduate school applicant for 24+ hours. I've also had a stomach ache two nights in a row, but I don't think the two are related.
I feel pretty neutral towards getting in to Cornell. There's a part of me that says, "pfff, ya right." Then there's this booming voice in the back of my head that says, "but what if you do?"

My life has been so stagnant and unchanging for the past two years, I don't think I can fully comprehend how much it could change in eight months. How I could go from stuck in quicksand to turbospeed. New city, new state, new living arrangments, new clothes (there's seven to twelve ft of snow about an hour's drive northwest of Ithaca right now), new school, new friends, new church, new doctors, new work, new tribulations, new joys, new me.

----------------------------------------

Lamentations 3:22-24

Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed,
for his compassions never fail.

They are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.

I say to myself, "The LORD is my portion;
therefore I will wait for him."



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home