JE$U$
It seems that very often on the local news that there is a story about Mary or Jesus appearing on something and hundreds to thousands (literally) flock to this item to pray around it and be "healed." I find myself befuddled at the misguided hope that is found in this, but that's another entry all together.
The latest item reported on the news was an oyster shell found in Florida which is currently listed on ebay for $100 (the bid is at $14.95) (here's the link. if it does not work search "jesus oyster shell") What's "funny" is that in my search for this particular item I found Jesus on a rock and toast.
The thought that struck me was how could anyone believe that they have seen the face of God when, for example, in the old testament even the most holy of men could not even enter the temple when God was in it; they could not handle seeing the face of God. But then I got to thinking that somewhere in the Bible there was something about "seeking my face". So, I looked it up and found 2chronicles 7:14
"...if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Week 11
What does it mean to seek God's face? In a practical sense, how can we do so and not literally be blinded by his glory?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home