June
It is hard to believe this year is already in its sixth month. This year has included so much travel and obligations on the weekends that I hardly feel I've had a weekend. Once, sometime around February or late March, I thought things would return to normal around May; now I predict November...or 2009? There are many exciting things going on in the lives of my closest friends (Babies-ones born and one 12 weeks in the womb today!-purchasing of houses and weddings). I feel spread thin by wanting to be everywhere at once. The week is one continuous countdown to the weekend making each week seem like two.
This year has only reinforced that what is most important to me is the relationships developed in life. When life becomes difficult it is these relationships that remain and build us back up. They are my treasure. Today Karen, as she often does, reminded me of something I had completely forgotten I said several years ago. At once, though, I was reminded of something we shared together. It is this deep connection between us that makes me so grateful for the true friends I have. They hold pieces of me and my existence in their minds and heart that even I have forgotten.
Great is the Lord who lavishly pours out His love to us so that we may be bound together by it and through it to Him who saved us.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home