True: Some Girls Like Dresses; False: Everyone Loves a Dress With a Butt Bow

Being a professional bridesmaid is more than meets the eye.

Monday, March 10, 2008

God is...

Love, but not the lame, distorted sense of love the world has created.  His very essence is that of something we can only think to call love.  It is something that we only, in brief periods of time, can experience just a taste of what it must be like to be the Creator of all things.

My oldest, best friend (we've known each other since we were eight and liked each other since we were 12 :)  is at this very moment in labor.  This is the first time someone I've grown up with and count as family is giving birth.  I've been ecstatic for 9 months from shopping for him, to working on a special photography project for him, and feeling him move around.  When I first found out about Eli it was as if someone told me "you're pregnant."  That's how hard it was to wrap my mind around the idea of him, but he is real and will be in this world soon.  

It is my privilege to be in his life and over the coming years I will have the opportunity to help mold him into the person God has meant for him to be since the beginning of time.  This is my glimpse of God's heart and how cool it must be to know what God knows.  To know someone from before their beginning and to watch them grow and learn, stumble and move forward.   

Sometimes this being an adult thing is kind of cool.


1 Comments:

Blogger Karianne said...

Congrats! I know exactly what you mean... I felt the same way when my first nephew was born. It's amazing. And, of course, it gets more amazing.

9:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home