Softly Call the Muster
Aggie Bonfire Remembrance Video
Exactly one week before Bonfire fell I visited campus and stood near the Admin. building watching it being built. One week later, 5 hours after it fell, I sat in my car in my high school parking lot not caring if I was late for class, and it was at that moment that I knew that I was an Aggie. Not that I was supposed to be one, but that I was born one and that my choice and early acceptance to Texas A&M was part of God's plan for me. It was one of the first times I can remember being so sure of something.
As I sat listening to the news report on the radio I felt like I had just loss family. The next five years of my life were filled with some of the best and happiest moments. My dear friend, Stef, and I talk often about how we struggle with living in the past; with wishing we were still in college. "The good old days". Boy, were they.
The Lord used those years to surround me with people on fire for the Lord. People who lived their lives seeking Him and His will. Friends who are family. He grew me. He prepared me. He drew me closer to Him, and now I have to adjust. Adjust to the real world that isn't Wednesday night Bible studies, Church and then lunch and then Sunday night supper a few hours after that. No more scavenger hunts, Monday night manias, getting up early on Saturdays to get to the game, seeing the sun set and then rise in Langford, the silent, reflective strolls through campus after Taps.
All I can say is wow. I'm so not worthy. So not worth the effort it took to put all those great people together, and, to do this day, surround me with them to support and love me.
To my 12 Aggie brothers and sisters I pray that you are rejoicing in Heaven and that you know that your Aggie family will never forget.
As I sat listening to the news report on the radio I felt like I had just loss family. The next five years of my life were filled with some of the best and happiest moments. My dear friend, Stef, and I talk often about how we struggle with living in the past; with wishing we were still in college. "The good old days". Boy, were they.
The Lord used those years to surround me with people on fire for the Lord. People who lived their lives seeking Him and His will. Friends who are family. He grew me. He prepared me. He drew me closer to Him, and now I have to adjust. Adjust to the real world that isn't Wednesday night Bible studies, Church and then lunch and then Sunday night supper a few hours after that. No more scavenger hunts, Monday night manias, getting up early on Saturdays to get to the game, seeing the sun set and then rise in Langford, the silent, reflective strolls through campus after Taps.
All I can say is wow. I'm so not worthy. So not worth the effort it took to put all those great people together, and, to do this day, surround me with them to support and love me.
To my 12 Aggie brothers and sisters I pray that you are rejoicing in Heaven and that you know that your Aggie family will never forget.

1 Comments:
Here.
Post a Comment
<< Home