Loneliness
When I think reflect on loneliness two things come to mind: how I use loneliness and how God uses loneliness.
I use loneliness to punish myself. This isn't something I purposefully do, but I feel that this is what consistently happens. I think that sometimes when I feel lonely it's the result of me building walls and withdrawing from something; either meaningful relationships with special people or the truth which could set me free from the dreaded feelings that come with loneliness. I find that loneliness often brings negative thoughts and "beating myself up" sessions.
I find that God uses loneliness in the exact opposite way. God uses loneliness to drawme to him. It's like loneliness is God's voicemail saying, "we should hang out sometime; call me," and that lonely feeling lasts as long as I don't "call" Him (just like when I keep thinking I need to call so and so back and I repeatedly put it off to a "better time" in the future). I also agree that loneliness is a form of suffering which results in perseverance which leads to renewed hope. God does with loneliness what I can not. He puts away the guilt and the regrets I have and makes things better and new. He works through loneliness to remind me how much I need Him and how much better things are when I rely soley on Him and not my own understanding.
--------
A bit of pop culture: On one of the national news broadcasts I heard about a group of Catholic women who were ordaining themselves as priests. As a result, they will immediately be ex-communicated from the Catholic Church.
Not because I don't think women talk to much (2 minutes of "The View" could teach you that much), but because it is used as one of the two verses ( the other being 1 Timothy 2: 11-14 )
which our doctrine bases it's beliefs that women should not be Pastors (although they are allowed to be a Deaconess who does the same sort of pastoral duties-usually more so for women and families-they just aren't allowed to preach in church).
Week 9
Women in the church. Discuss:

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home