The Aftermath
I feel like I should post something, but at the moment I'm too whelmed by the mess around me to sit down and focus. I've had to do a lot of digging to find things for my portfolio and there are piles around me of clothes and papers and books. To share how frightening this is, I've documented it with my newly found digital camera (it's loss was not my fault, and no, it wasn't loss to this mess). This is the one area of my room that should really have an excuse to be messy. It wasn't sparkling clean to begin with, but now, is just shameful. If you've been wondering where I've been for the past two weeks here's the place:
So, what does it take to make a portfolio:-One week longer than first projected
-Neglected mail on top of my monitor
-Opening software (back left-red) that I had bought two years ago.
-A scanner (moved to the floor for printing)
-A "candlestick" lamp (now on top of the scanner. previously under the desk to make a light table.
-140 Prismacolor Markers (horribly intoxicating and actually, the only thing put up at this point)
-My CPU-yes, that is a floppy in the disk drive. No, I don't have a clue what's on it. I think it's been there since 2001.
-A tower of CD'S-I went through all of them at least twice looking for bits of my projects because one project doesn't fit on a single CD.
-My printer (moved from it's shelf to the desktop for printing) and two new ink cartridges.
-A stapler-to keep drawing pens from rolling off the desk. Not really.
-Lots and lots of card stock.
3 stacks:
the stack on the printer and behind it (0n top of my music cd collection-it's not that tall) are reject prints or test prints. The stack to the side of it are reject sheets with imperfections on them.
-A random sheet of paper under my power strip...I don't think that's safe.
-Tracing paper (not visible)
-Lots of hours reminiscing and saying to myself, "Oh, yeah! This is why I turned down grad school the first time!"
But now that's it's over, and in spite of remembering all the work I did in school that didn't make it into the portfolio, I'm still excited-ish about grad school. So, I think I can do this if they accept me.
I have to wake up early to mail off the portfolio and then it's truly out of my hands and into God's. There are a few unsettling matters (my GRE scores ordered awhile ago and two letters of recommendation that haven't been submitted) that I can't really control. I was hoping that once I could get this portfolio mailed off I would feel relieved and be able to focus on more exciting things March will bring, but I don't think I will be until my application is complete.
Now for a bit of cleaning...
__________________________________
Psalm 51:10
Psalm 51:10
Create in me a pure heart, O God,
and renew a steadfast spirit within me.
_______________________________________

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home