True: Some Girls Like Dresses; False: Everyone Loves a Dress With a Butt Bow

Being a professional bridesmaid is more than meets the eye.

Thursday, May 10, 2007

96: The Number of Hours I've Felt Bewildered

The past approx. 96 hours have probably been some of the craziest of my life. Considering that in one particular, previous 96 hour period I turned a year older, finished a midterm design project and slept 8 hours that says a lot.

Monday, May 7

11:54 a.m. Receive job offer from first choice of the two companies I interviewd with.

3:00p.m. Check Ft. Worth AIA job board and see new posting.
3:20p.m. Email them my resume
4:30 p.m. Receive response
4:56 p.m Set up appointment for following afternoon.

Tuesday, May 8
Drive to Ft. Worth (Arlington)
3:00 p.m. Have the best interview I've ever had for anything.

4:20 p.m.-5:00 p.m. drive around Arlington to find the "not ghetto" area.

6:30 p.m. Melt into Karen and Daniel's couch.

Wednesday, May 9 a.k.a. deadline day to accept or decline job offer 1.
8:30 a.m.-11:50 p.m.

Apartment hunting. Waiting for official job offer from Tuesday's interview

12:05 p.m. no call. Leave message and get call back from v.p. "we'll call this afternoon"

2:45 p.m. Filling out apartment application after much deliberation, driving around and freaking out.

2:56 p.m. Job offer/jubilation with leasing agent (she's super nice)

3:30p.m. call and turn down job offer 1

3:45 head for College Station.

7:00 p.m. melt into Laura's couch.

sleepless night.

Thursday, May 10

9:30 Photoshoot for friend's grad. portrait

10:45 a.m. In Laura's office dropping off house key.
Phone call. Job offer 2 taken back.
10:47 Trying not to freak out in the TAMU Board of Regents Office.

12:00 Finish shoot

12:15 Call job offer 1 and say, "just kidding" Job offer 1 taken.

1:30 stop at gas station and realize that I'm really not coherent; I'm walking around in daze.

5:00 arrive home & melt into bed

7:00 get up and watch the Office

10:52 type this and come to the realization that I'm in total denial of everything that just happened.

So, um. I have a job and an apartment. I guess that makes me a big kid now.

Yikes!

Proverbs 16:9
The heart of man plans his way, but the LORD establishes his steps.

3 Comments:

Blogger Derek said...

WOO HOO! Congratumalations, Tiff! When do you start? What's the job?

Oh, and I'm glad to see you have your priorities straight. Getting up from a nap to watch The Office is very important.

12:08 AM  
Blogger betsyjo said...

Woo hoo! Congrats! I feel a Friends quote is in order: "Welcome to the real world. It sucks. You're gonna love it!"

Couldn't agree more with Derek. I'm glad you have your priorities straight where the Office is concerned.

9:20 AM  
Blogger Adam said...

yay! you're the best!

that's what she said.

12:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home