True: Some Girls Like Dresses; False: Everyone Loves a Dress With a Butt Bow

Being a professional bridesmaid is more than meets the eye.

Thursday, September 06, 2007

Your God-given Path

I recently had a thought that the person I would most like to meet would be the person who could look at me and say, "this is what God intends for your life, I am certain. Go do it." Then as I read over 1 Samuel 15, I completely changed my mind.

When Saul meets Samuel, Samuel tells him what his "job" is to be:

v. 1
"The Lord sent me to anoint you king over his people Israel."

and I thought, wow! My dream really does happen. Then I read on

v. 3

"Now go and strike Amalek and devote to destruction of all that they have. Do not spare them, but kill both man and woman, child and infant, ox and sheep, camel and donkey."

I read that and was stunned. When I think of God's will for my life I never imagine hearing "hear is my will now go and kill babies and old women and everyone in between. Don't forget the livestock.

The lesson I see here is that the Lord gives us a calling and then He tests us. Once we're there He refines us. He takes us to our limits and tests our faith by placing before us the difficult and seemingly impossible.

or something like that :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Jason Moreno said...

And then, by being tested, we realize that we're never really "good enough" for God. But we don't have to be - that's not the point. The point is that the testing is, in effect, making us what we're supposed to be because that's what God intended. And then, when we're called to do the impossible, we do what we're supposed to do - fall on Jesus. And - voila! - the impossible happens, by God, through us (and outside us). Or something like that. :)

6:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home