True: Some Girls Like Dresses; False: Everyone Loves a Dress With a Butt Bow

Being a professional bridesmaid is more than meets the eye.

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

New Beginnings

Well, I've been an architect for 5.5 days. It's actually been kind of fun which probably has something to do with the people I work with. This includes my "boss, boss," the president of the company.

My apartment is coming together slowly but surely and most boxes are emptied (out on the floor). At first, when I was up here before work started, I wasn't sure how I was going to make it living by myself and without a t.v. (that broke a long time ago), but now that I come home exhausted from working 9 hour days, that's not really a question.

What's strikes me the most is how normal this all seems. I mean, I've been ready for this for two years, but I thought it would seem a lot stranger than it does. Nothing has really turned out to be as I thought it would be ("A man makes the plans of his heart but his steps are directed by the Lord") but even my response to that is shocking. "Eh" I'm completely not freaking out about any of it. This is all very strange and too type B for my Type A personality...but "eh" See! I did it again.

When I was moving up here I thought the next big God lesson for me was getting over what other people think. I mean, honestly, I'm not doing "real" architecture, but that has quickly stopped bothering me. So, now I don't know what the next big lesson is. Perhaps it's not time for me to know. I feel that (just like with getting back into architecture) God is giving me a refresher course in a lot of different areas of my life and for the first time I'm "passing" these tests the first time. I guess when these little tests are over, He'll give me a bigger one.

So, we'll see!



"For he says, 'In a favorable time I listened to you,
and in a day of salvation I have helped you.
Behold, now is the favorable time;
behold, now is the day of salvation."

2 Corinthians 2:6

1 Comments:

Blogger Adam said...

hyuk! thanks! i'm glad works goin well!

8:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home