Waiting Room
I think one of the neatest experiences in life is being friends with someone who shares your name. If for no other reason than the utter confusion it causes to everyone around you : ) I think it's very interesting how our identity is linked to our names by others but not necessarily ourselves. When I say "my friend Tiffany," to me, "Tiffany" sounds completely different from my own name.
This past weekend we had the oppurtunity to hang out outside of church for the first time since we met seven years ago (that number boggles my mind...it's almost a decade!). She was telling me how her and her husband are both working on theirMasters of Education and will finish in August. It's her second and one she never planned on getting or using.
She referred to this time in her life as "the waiting room." Waiting to figure things out; what she really wants to do. I'm really starting to wonder if there is anyone in their twenties who doesn't feel that way.
Having just come out of a "waiting room" (and now sitting in the "exam room" waiting for the "Dr.") , I look back and reflect on all that I could have changed. I could have tried harder to make friends and be happy. I could have taken a few classes to develop what I was doing further or learn something new. I could have prayed more.
I knew that I was where God needed me to be and he wasn't done preparing some things. However, that didn't make the wait any easier. In the mean time, though, I made 4 new friends through work who I will always be grateful for knowing. I was shown that even during times of discipline the Lord blesses us more than we deserve.
I also learned the importance of choosing to be happy. Each day is a new start that God has given us. Even during times of waiting that are frustrating, we still have the oppurtunity to live out the ultimate purpose of our lives to glorify God and share His love.
Pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, steadfastness, gentleness. Fight the good fight of the faith. Take hold of the eternal life to which you were called and about which you made the good confession in the presence of many witnesses.
1 Timothy 6:11b-12
1 Timothy 6:11b-12

1 Comments:
and who on earth might you be talking about?! (I completely agree on how when you introduce someone with the same name, it seems like a completely different name) I really like this posting, I know it will help on some of those frustrating days :)
Post a Comment
<< Home